England New Lockdown Grant
The Chancellor has announced a one off grant for England aimed at the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure Sectors of up to £9,000 per business premises.
What is the grant?
A one off grant on a per property basis.
£4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000.
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000.
- Note – this is in addition to the Local Restrictions Support Grants announced in 2020.
- A business is forced to close due to Government imposed Covid-19 restrictions.
How to apply?
- Through your Local Authority.
31st January Deadline
- HMRC will not waive penalties nor extend the 31st January Self-Assessment filing deadline.
- HMRC will accept pandemic-related disruption caused to the taxpayer’s business or their personal circumstances as a reasonable excuse. The same will apply when agents are delayed in filing a return due to the pandemic.
- The appeal period for a late filing penalty will be extended from one to three months to give taxpayers and agents more time.
· Don’t forget that if the 31st January tax payment is no more than £30,000 that you can enter into a Time to Pay arrangement to spread the debt over 12 months.